Garage construction costs?

Would a block or brick garage be cheaper than a precast concrete one from the like of Compton?

I've a Compo one at my mum and dads that I can't really fault apart from it being too small to be any use for car things.

I'm open to methods at my house as I want something a bit bigger but don't mind building it myself. Especially now I've my own mixer. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

"Mark S." wrote | Would a block or brick garage be cheaper than a precast concrete | one from the like of Compton?

Probably yes if you can lay bricks[1], no if you can't.

| I'm open to methods at my house as I want something a bit bigger | but don't mind building it myself. Especially now I've my own | mixer. :-)

I foresee big patios ahead...

Owain

[1] Memories of Tom Goode's christmas cracker joke about the ooh-aah bird.
Reply to
Owain

I'm a slow brick layer but the fireplace didn't fall down when I bricked it up a while back.

There's already a patio in place so no worries there just need to sort the drive and garage.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.