gap under skirting ?

what size gap should I leave between the skirting and floor in a bathroom, or any other room for that matter ?

I was thinking ~3mm to allow for carpet/vinyl to be tucked under ?

thanks

Reply to
In2Minds

Should definitely not be tucked under at all; basically the skirting sits on the floorboards. Although, may be a good idea to set it just a gnat's off the floor, so that floorboards can be lifted later if need be, and they aren't jammed in place at the ends.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I put my skirts down after the vinyl, laid flat on top of it. Can't get a better edge than that! Removed problem ;)

al

Lovely. And when the vinyl wears out?

Reply to
Lobster

The message from "In2Minds" contains these words:

Carpet doesn't go under skirting - it goes tight up to it and the pile is pushed down with a thing like a brickie's bolster.

Reply to
Guy King

I put a matchstick under each end of my skirting boards when I replaced them recently.

Reply to
Hybrid