Gap under skirting

Any suggestions on how to fill the gap between chipboard upstairs floor and skirting (on dob & Dab plasterboard wall).

Thinking - Rolled up paper then decorators caulk; Expanding foam; Thin strip of wood, glue then caulk.

I just want to reduce the dirt that will get drawn in onto our new carpet when the decorating is done. I don't want to remove and refit the skirting as this will inevitably leave me with remedial work to do on the walls.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

If thte gap's not too big, just tuck the carpet into it.

NT

Reply to
NT

In article , DerbyBorn writes

5mm & under, caulk it [1], over 5mm, foam it [2], cut it back flush then smooth it over with caulk. [1] Actually use ploysulphide (paintable) sealant, it will bond better and will allow more movement. eg:
Wet the gap first and it will set more quickly. Leave 24hrs before cutting back.
Reply to
fred

I'd go for a cylinder of newspaper rolled up and gently squished into the gap. No need to seal it with chaulk to make it "look nice" as it will be covered by the gripper/underlay/carpet. If you do seal it it'll just be PITA should you every want to take the skirtings off.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice