Front door hassles

I've got a porch on the house we moved into last October and have had some front doors fitted by a local joiner about four weeks ago. The outermost doors - i.e. the ones you walk through first when you come in off the street into the porch area are a pair which obviously meet in the middle. Then inside that to get into the house there's a standard front door, half glazed etc.

I painted the outer doors before fitting in a fetching white shade of International brand Ranch paint - I trust the International brand from my boating days, having also given them two coats of wood preserver. Obviously when the doors were fitted the joiner had to plane the edges to make them fit. I didn't get an opportunity to re-paint the edges until last weekend due to inclement weather etc. Last week (before painting but after quite a bit of wet weather the outer doors became increasingly difficult to open because they're now touching in the middle, having expanded. I phoned joiner who told me to seal the edges with paint to stop water ingress which was leading to expansion, once it had dried out.

So, after a couple of days of halfway decent weather last week I put two coats of the aforementioned paint on over the weekend. The doors are still very difficult to open - but not in the morning, only in the afternoon. As the front of the house is west facing I conclude that the heat of the sun on the doors in the afternoon is causing them to expand, not water ingress. Can I do anything about this or should I just get the joiner back to shave a bit off one of the doors again (& then paint the edge for the third time) so there's a bit of room for expansion ?

This, and the fact that the door suppliers supplied the wrong width door for the inner one (despite also supplying the frame) and then tried to palm us off with not refunding the full amount it took for the joiner to widen it) is really getting on my nerves.

Thanks

Reply to
TRK's dad