Freezer sprays?

how much money is he/she extracting from your wallet this time?

Reply to
No Name

Having heard various BUPA Dental adverts on the radio where the speakingveryfastandmumbledtermsandconditions mention an extra covid19 safety fee, I was expecting a price hike.

They said they'd like payment in advance over the phone, so I agreed to that, the scribbled sheet I had from earlier in the year quoted £62 but they've just taken £39.

Reply to
Andy Burns

seems like that's the standard band2 fee of £62.10 minus the band1 examination fee of £22.70 from about this time last year when it was decided it ought to come out "but not urgently"

Reply to
Andy Burns

The website for mine still says, "Please do not attempt to contact the practice to make an appointment or request a start date," since June. How will the dentists afford their fancy houses and cars? I don't think they get a capitation fee like GPs. (My GP just inundates me with random texts about vaccinations and blood pressure checks, often not identifying who they are or what they are offering.)

Reply to
Max Demian

Fairly efficient, arrive, stay in car, they phone you when they want you into the building, temperature scan, alcohol gel, belongings in a box, straight into treatment room, alcohol gel, leave by the back door, not yet re-booking for regular check-ups, just waiting for the damned injection to wear off.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is that emergencies only? NHS? Private? Do they charge extra?

Reply to
Max Demian

NHS, so far they're only restarting cancelled work from pre lockdown1, no extra charge. I've got to wait again for some private work, or even a checkup.

Reply to
Andy Burns