Freezer sprays?

No frostbite, I was only trying to see if a resistor drifted, doctor... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

The way an old doctor removed warts from people was to tie a tight bit of catgut around the base and in a few days they fell off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I think there are laws about biological materials and packaging. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I was more concerned with the possibility of the skin tag surviving, and the rest of you dropping off.

michael adams

michael adams

practice your surgical knots

Reply to
Andy Burns

ime those skin tags fall off themselves evenyually

Reply to
fred

Tie a cotton thread around the base and it should drop off. (Never done it.)

Reply to
Max Demian

As I noted upthread, this does work. GP did it for me.

Reply to
Bob Eager

well the medical freezer spray sprayed on me certainly was not designed to avoid pain

anything but!

Reply to
tim...

though that's not a reason

a "frozen" off one can't be analysed

it needs to be "surgically" removed

Reply to
tim...

One thing you should avoid is spraying the contents of any can of electrical/plumbing freezer spray directly on to your skin. These cans are designed to take a fairly large area/volume down to below the freezing point of water/blood rapidly.

Use an intermediate method such as freezing the end of a cotton bud and then applying that to a small area to be treated.

Reply to
alan_m

I've had it my bottom lip - that's a sensitive area. Even a local in the lip really needs a local!

Reply to
PeterC

I'm tempted by this method but for one thing: I need the procedure to leave no protrusion at all, otherwise it'll be prone to catching on my shirt and could be worse than the tag. I know, AG!

Reply to
PeterC

I doubt very much that you would be left with a ?stalk? unless your tag has a particularly long ?neck? and you don?t tie the knot close to the skin. Certainly never heard of it happening or seen a stalk.

Even if in the unlikely event that you did have one, dabbing the stalk with freezing agent would kill it off.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

My GP did a couple of mine, surgical thread rather than cotton and the knots were "stingingly" tight, AIRI he wasn't just pulling a couple of inches of thread with his fingers, but a couple of feet with his arms.

Reply to
Andy Burns

All the methods suggested are to kill the blood supply to the tag. I used the freezer method repeatedly dabbling the tag(s) with the frozen cotton bud until I felt the tag go really solid and then a few more dabs with the cotton bud for good luck. Quickly refresh the cotton bud with more freezer for each application. The tag(s) fell off within a week leaving a (2mm) little scab which healed within the week. No bumps were left after treatment.

Reply to
alan_m

Why not just use a scalpel, as I suggested earlier? I do this and it's quick, fairly painless, and bleeding isn't a problem (I take Clopidogrel). Put a small circular plaster over the site for a day or so, with some Savlon on it.

Reply to
nothanks

Did it yesterday evening - good soak of a 'sponge bud' from the freezer spray, held bud down for 10 seconds, then bud down onto the tag.

I had cut it off several times before, but it was regrowing quite rapidly - hence wondering about trying freezer spray. After the freezer spray yesterday, it now appears to be shrinking, certainly not regrowing.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

alan_m formulated the question :

That is what I did.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

My dentist seems to be up and running again, a cancelled appointment for an extraction from March is now re-booked for next week.

Reply to
Andy Burns