freezer problems

Two of us have had problems with our freezers in the last few days. Just stopping working but showing no warning lights etc. After being left disconnected from the power for a few hours both freezers started working again.

Co-incidence? What could be the cause anyway?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

They may be low on refrigerant.

My FF failed a couple of weeks ago without warning. The service guy said that it had no refrigerant, possibly from a longstanding pinhole leak, and that the hot weather had pushed it over the edge. He replaced a valve and refilled it with refrigerant and it now works ok, but I am getting it replaced anyway.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Is it a frost free model? Sometimes they get sort of stuck in defrost. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If self defrost type then excessive icing in the air ducting or on the evaporator, often because of s**te design (anything made in Italy) or leaving the doors open or opening too much.

Reply to
The Other Mike