fox want to buy sky.

The bbc appear to have it right "Sterling's 16% fall against the US dollar in the wake of the Brexit vote has made UK companies more attractive targets for foreign companies."

Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners.

Reply to
dennis

Isn't most of it already?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Er no, that tends to be more an EU thing. Protecting local businesses..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Er no. the EU doesn't stop foreigners buying shares and so the lies continue.

Reply to
dennis

Er yes. sometimes the EU does.

....and so the lies continue.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

and another

So basically "Pretty soon the likes of TNP and harry will want nationalisation to make sure some of the UK isn't owned by foreigners." is complete and utter bollocks. The EU already has powers to prevent foreign investment which Brexit will free us from.

So just a bog standard remoaner lie and an ad hominen all in one.

Well, at least its efficient.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought Murdoch already had his fingers in both companies? It was thrown out last time as I recall. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes a Chinese company now owns the Odeon chain of Cinemas. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes.

Reply to
Richard

yeh he owns all of fox and around 70% of sky I think.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They own something like 40% of Sky. But want a controlling interest.

Yes - but there may be more competition now - Netflix and Amazon etc having got bigger.

Personally I don't care who owns Sky. Only those with more money than sense have it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Er no, the EU may block one company from owning all of a market in much the same way the UK government might, and so the lies do continue.

Reply to
dennis

The informed may notice that that is the German government making the decisions and not the EU, the lies continue.

Reply to
dennis

Foreign investment in the UK seems to consist of selling off our family silver. To fund our dreadful balance of payments. Seems to me that it won't be long before we are just some sort of national trust property - owned by another set of nationals.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They own most of the Takeaways in my village

Reply to
rick

And you have a problem with that?

Reply to
Richard

Except when the EU does it, we as a nation cant stop it.

The lies continue

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

However those that can read will note it wasn't. it was te 'EU regulators' that the article cited.

The lies continue.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Better tell that to the monopolies and merges lot then.

You are still lying.

Reply to
dennis

You can stop lying, you just have to accept that you won and the country lost.

Reply to
dennis