Folding Curtain Rail or Pole

I was wanting to put up a curtain behind the door of my flat to make the hall a bit warmer .I was trying to source something I have seen before ...a curtain pole which I think is fixed at one end to the door frame above the door but hinged and the other end can be released when you want to open the door so the curtain swings out of the way .

Anyone know what I mean and where they can be obtained? . The alternative would be to fit the curtain to a normal rail and draw it back when you wanted to open the door

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I think these are what I mean .Portieres

cheap at that place .Might need to think again !!!

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Was just about to post that very link. :-)

If you do go with one, they work best with heavy curtaining. For example, make a curtain out of an army surplus blanket with a layer of attractive fabric on top. Might even need a chain or weights at the bottom.

Reply to
Rod

The curtain on a longer than the door rail works well here.Although if someone comes in with the curtain across they can have a bit of trouble but as that rarely happens here not a major problem.

Reply to
mogga

Well there is only me so that wouldn't happen so might just go down that road ..It'll be cheaper and easier .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter