Problem with curtain pole

OH buys a curtain for a 12 foot window, the style of the curtain is such that it can only be hung on a pole. My problem is the pole has to be 12 feet wide but only have a support at either end and one in the center. I dont even know if I can get a pole that width or will have to come up with some sort of center joint. Also how to support the pole over a 6 foor width. (each end)
Any ideas anyone? The curtains are not heavy material. Concern is pole sagging due to unsupported width (6 feet between supports) and strong enough brackets/wall fittings as there will only be 3.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 12, 11:51 pm, "SS" wrote:

Hollow metal poles use an internal coupler and then an external bracket over the joint.
http://www.polesandblinds.com/Curtain-Poles/Mix-&-Match/Integra-Options-19-&-28mm-Double-pole/stock66834-cat114.asp
Solid wooden poles use a double-ended screw.
Owain
Add pictures here
✖
In article < snipped-for-privacy@u6g2000vbo.googlegroups

I've just done what the OP wants, pot a pole up with eyelet curtains on a 12-ft window. Joined two 6-ft lengths of 28mm pole with a plumbing 28mm coupler (solder type). It was a very tight fit so has made a good solid joint without the need to solder causing the pole (antique brass effect) to discolour.
To the OP: remember to put the curtains on the pole before you fit the pole to the brackets! :-)
--
(\__/)
(='.'=)
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:39:32 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Damn difficult to fit the pole with curtains already attached(*). Putting the rings on is a good idea though. B-)
(*) Tab topped curtains don't give you much choice but I'd still get the pole up and thread the tabs on from the last end to be attached.
6' span with decent dia pole shouldn't be a problem. The brackets normally take two fixings, what you use depends on what you are fixing into.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Add pictures here
✖

I was referring to eyelet curtains, yes. :-)
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
SS wrote:

Wood should be OK. For metal tube, a large diameter one should also be fine.
--
Tim Watts

Add pictures here
✖
On 12/10/2011 23:51, SS wrote:

Got a thick (1.5" ish) wooden pole of similar length here. Came in two sections that join with a double ended screw in the centre. All held on three supports (each takes 4 plugs and screws to fix its metal bracket to the wall, a wood support then screws onto it). No sign of sagging even with fairly hefty 9' drop curtains.
--
Cheers,

John.

✖

Thanks to all for the replies got a good idea now how to tackle this.
thanks
Add pictures here
✖