FoE have a FIT

Get the government to tell energy companies to remove the 6% or so 'green' tariff (tax) that we all pay on our energy bills and make the FoE and all the other so-called 'greens' pay it themselves instead - that would bring 'em down to earth a bit.

Reply to
Cash

In message , ARWadsworth wrote

unfairly pull the plug on thousands of clean energy schemes across the UK, preventing homes and communities from escaping soaring fuel bills."

Surely all the energy is FREE so it doesn't need an extra subsidy to make it financially viable?

These greenies appear to believe that there is a magic bucket of money paying for all this free electricity. The money is part of the reason why 99.999% of consumers are currently paying higher energy bills.

A few thousand people get the plug pulled and tens of millions people stand a chance of getting lower fuel bills as a result.

Some people may actually believe that they are not paying full price for the 10p light bulb or the loft insulation subsidised by the energy companies.

Reply to
Alan

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

Presumably the answer is millions of generator bicycles, which would solve the energy crisis and provide employment at the same time.

John

Reply to
JohnW

Also I saw yesterday (also mentioned above) that the CBI are whining.

If the CBI are whining, it usually means the original decision was correct. In fact you could govern one entire aspect of this country by asking the CBI what to do then doing the opposite.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Makes you wonder if dennis worked for the CBI.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

anyone else feels like lobbying for at least the changes proposed see

if the judiciary do their usual liberal thing I expect they'll decide the proposals would breach suppliers and/or customers legitimate expectations to get massive subsidies until the next blue moon.

Reply to
Robin

I'd use them for fuel. FoE that is. I know they'll be a bit wet behind the ears but surely we can lock them up in a secure facility, farm them on lentils, and extract useful quantities of methane gas.

When the gas production falls off we should burn them and as this final disposal is a fully carbon neutral process I can't see any reason for them to complain.

Reply to
The Other Mike

In message , The Other Mike writes

Unbelievably in the DT today is an article complaining that the government have cut the Fit that "they" pay to those who fit solar panels.

FFS everybody knows it's the other consumers who pay including those who can barely afford to heat their homes and another 25000 will die prematurely this winter through a combination of cold and malnutrition.

Reply to
hugh

I don't think Joe Public knows or cares about it, it may be a hot topic here, but not so around workplace kettles or pub tables!

Reply to
Andy Burns