Flowblade

Rubbish, you need people to challenge the orthodoxy. The skill is then in managing them. A good challenger doesn't throw out the toys if they get over-ruled, they move on to the next thing. And you get better solutions. As an aside, it's what the 737 Max team lacked.

Reply to
newshound
<snip>

It's all mixed together isn't it (and it's *dominance*, rather than a physical separation for most things (laterlization)) [1]

I would say that any links to creativity or logic are themselves a function of character > behaviour.

I would suggest it's a pretty common and easy thing to see in action when dealing with anyone up on the Autistic spectrum. Loads of 'brains' (as most people would consider it) but often also poor social skills (most of which are down to being interested in other peoples feelings > reading facial / body language / voice tone / intonation etc).

People say things like 'he's bright but a bit weird', when what is nearer the truth is that 'he's a bit weird and *therefore* is bright'.

(Where 'weird' is used between friends to lovingly describe the level of difference between said person and the majority of people / social interaction).

Cheers, T i m

[1] There are of course certain aspects of human behaviour / ability that are very much focused or even discretely in one hemisphere or the other.
Reply to
T i m

Yes, and that you might not be able to deal with every answer.

Ooops. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Of course.

... because in most / many cases they wouldn't be able to manage / restrain themselves.

And / or deal with the matter in a reasonable way.

Quite.

I have recently been exposed to such a situation via a small social group that the vast majority seem to understand the goals of the group but another seems to have a real agenda.

Now, it's quite possible (most of) the goals of said person are positive, they just don't seem to reflect / consider the goals of the group as a whole.

What I predict is said person 'splitting off' from the main group (he has already stormed off several times when he doesn't get his way) and he will either carry on doing his own thing (in a very restricted way), or will be cut off at the legs by those who have the final say and provide much of the funding.

And that would be a shame as we are sure he does have some good (all be they 'unrealistic' in many cases) ideas. ;-(

What he doesn't know is how to deal with *people*, especially people there because of their own and often unfortunate reasons. [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] I have suggested that 'we' get an agreement from all parties concerned and especially those who give the permissions and funding, *exactly* what the aims and goals of the group are. This should save a lot of heartache and frustration by those who aren't on a mission.
Reply to
T i m

It seems that the right brain is Always Right. At least that's my take away message from the explanation given.

Reply to
Roger Hayter