Floorboards

I am considering laying underfloor heating in the house I am renovating. The type of u.f.h. system I am looking at is the ThermoBoard system which comprises load-bearing structural boards (roughly 2.5 x 1m) with integral water pipes, which can be pieced together like a jigsaw.

I am proposing to remove the existing floorboards and lay the ThermoBoard directly on to the joists. I realise that this limits accessibility with regards to services below the floor. Apart from this, do floorboards have any other advantages over chipboard sheets?

The floor will be carpeted.

Reply to
John Aston