insulating under floorboards on battens

I wonder what people would do in my situation.

I am laying reclaimed floorboards on 70mm deep battens resing on an existing

1950s concrete ground floor. Ventilation flows along the length of all the spaces between battens.

Building control have approved this and no insulation is required by them because the original floor is not being disturbed.

The battens are fixed down, the floorboards are cut but not fixed yet.

QUESTION: Should I insert some insulation between the battens directly under the boards? How much? For example if I use 20mm of insulation that will leave a

50mm airgap.

I will go back to building control with a sketch of what I propose to do, but I'd like to get people's opinions first on whether it is even worth the bother.

many thanks,

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

1950s concrete ground floor. Ventilation flows along the length of all the spaces between battens.

because the original floor is not being disturbed.

the boards? How much? For example if I use 20mm of insulation that will leave a 50mm airgap.

I'd like to get people's opinions first on whether it is even worth the bother.

Does your concrete floor have a functional damp proof membrane under it or it the original oversite concrete?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin