Has anyone got experience with underfloor heating for lofts?

I was trying to find concrete/screed floorboards that can be used as the structural floorboard and at the same have the grooves for the underfloor heating pipes.

The idea of using a concrete/screed floorboard is to have better thermal conductivity and less height instead of using floorboards and then a underfloor heating panel on top.

There are regular chipboards for underfloor heating that I'm also researching about, but considering the pricing, it may be better to just use regular chipboard and then additional underfloor heating panels on top.

If anyone has some advice on best options for underfloor heating in a loft, that would be great. I'm planning to use the same procedure on the 1st floor of the house later once we work our way down.

Reply to
Alex B

This is all very unclear

Reply to
Animal

What about the first 2 options here

leen...

I used the *profloor* option for our second floor heating topped with

12mm ply. (pipe runs carefully marked!)

Curious about the concept of a heated loft floor. Grow-lights ?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Curious about the concept of a concrete loft floor.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I assume it's a loft conversion, and because of the pitched roof there aren't vertical walls on which to mount radiators. So UFH is another option.

As per the recent 'noises in the loft conversion' thread, pay close attention to the correct way to mount any panels to allow for expansion movement.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

A Grand Designs program of many years ago featured a modern 'box like' house in London that was fitted with hot wall panels, which I think were pregrooved flooring panels with inset 10mm polypex piping.

Reply to
Andrew

The distribution manifolds come with auto air release provision. Unless you have high flow rates, I see any vertical system being vulnerable to air collection.

Reply to
Tim Lamb