cutting floorboards limits?

I will be laying new central heating pipes in my 1st floor flat with timber floorboards and joists. I plan to cut and re-lay existing T&G floorboards using my circular saw. Are there any limitiations in cutting *floorboards* or can I just cut them on joists as I see fit ? I want to create narrow (between two adjacent joists) cut in bedrooms in order to place radiators under the window. Which screw/nail type do you recommend to re-lay T&G floorboards ?

Also, my joists consist of 4x2" timber with another 1x2" on the top of it. Distance between joists is ~50cm. I realise I can only notch

15-25% of a single joist (and not in the middle area) but how can I apply that rule in my case ? How many consecutive joists can I notch?

your advice is appreciated,

Mike

Reply to
olo