Floor tiles

Is it possible to tile on an already tiled floor to save all the hassle of removing the old ones and the cement left behind ?

Reply to
kram

My sister-in-law did this and the finish seems okay. I really don't like the way the floor in that room is higher than the room next to it though.

Reply to
John Kelly

Yes. If its sound.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm doing that right now in my kitchen. I had to pour some self leveling compound on top of the old tiles because they were a bit uneven in places.

Sure beats the alternative of chiseling off the old ones :)

Cheers, Mark.

Reply to
mark