Floor tile removal

Uncanny how posts come up for jobs I've either just done, or am about to do.
Apropos the Removing Floor Tiles thread, I started removing the ones in the bathroom today.
PMF180 multi tool, fitted with an old blade ground down to act as a power scraper - works pretty well.
Certain knack to it, getting the right angle. Also, you have to keep it moving because the friction generates a surprising amount of heat, which softens the tile & makes it harder to remove.

The Medway Handyman wrote:

I used one of these, with a rubber mallet
http://www.decoratingwarehouse.co.uk/buy/decorators-tools/scrapers/x/924
Again, a certain knack/angle, once you get it right the whole tile pings off, occasionally you get one where you have to pry it off a dozen fragments.
Expect to bin the tool rather than replace the blade after doing a couple of rooms ...

Garden spade/shovel. Quicker and easier. You need one with a straight edge.
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Cut an old handsaw down to about eight inches from the handle - it has the right springiness and the handle is still usuable