flooding

Hi got this problem still I ran the washing machine and it was OK Ran it again 5 mins later and the water overflowed the water outlet pipe. Ran it 2 times since and no problem.

every time I take it apart the pipe to check there is nothing wrong. What to do. we have everything near the washing machine put on water proof legs to prevent the problems of stuff getting wet but it must be preventable.

thanks Gary

Reply to
Gary

attach machine outlet hose to pipe waterproofly. End of problem.

NT

Reply to
NT

attach machine outlet hose to pipe waterproofly. End of problem.

NT

Have you got the right size of discharge pipe?

Reply to
polly filler

So your outlet pipe can't cope with the volume of water the washing machine is chucking out. When you say there's nothing wrong with your outlet pipe, what have you checked? How far downstream?

Reply to
Clive George

Anything else discharging into the same run of pipe when the washer discharges?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We had a flooding problem once and unfortunately it had been on going for some time hidden by the vinyl flooring. Result was rotten floor boards and dry rot in the joists. On replacing the floor we found the culprit. When the house was being built some genius had dropped a wood screw down the discharge pipe. Over the next 10-12 years fine threads in the wash water had caught on this screw and finally built up enough the cause temporary blockage. Water could escape past it but it couldn't take the full flow.

Probably the same genius who didn't bother connecting the upstand pipe for the dishwasher when he heard we weren't having a dishwasher installed. The upstand pipe was there ok, under the sink clipped to the side of the cupboard, but when it got out of sight it didn't connect to anything. Poxy scumbag.

Reply to
fred

We had a similar problem which was identified as the top of the drain pipe was too low on the wall for the output flow from our new machine. A check of the owners manual mentioned the minimum height needed. Put the drain pipe 6 inches higher and we had no more problems with intermittent flooding.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

This looks like it may be a good one. I shal check it out. Thanks

Reply to
Gary

I was thinking this but was not sure how to go about it. Is there a connector for this sort of thing. What about syphon prevention.

Gary

Reply to
Gary