re flooding

A while back was saying about the outflow of my washing machine flooding.

Just an update. I looked into it and the problem was that the pump was just too fast for the pipe to cope without overflowing.

It only happened when either the machine was not very full OR when the materials washed did not hold the water ie nylon etc.

I have now put a SPONGE seal between the hose and the pipe to prevent the water overflowing the pipe and it is working OK even with a totaly empty machine discharging.

Thanks for the help.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

I've never known them overflow unless the waste was at least partially blocked. I think your seal may be a temporary solution :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

Agreed, it sounds as though something is not per spec. Either the pump is too powerful, maybe an oversized replacement, or as suggested, the hose or whatever it discharges into is partially blocked. That overflowing just should not happen. You have fixed the symptom, but not the cause.

Reply to
Davey