Flexible plastic tubing

When I built my pond and pump system some years back the tubing I was sold was a clear polythene type material - I still have a long length which is used on occasions when I decide to pump the pond out.

I've won a collection of bits of 25mm OD Aluminium tube (a collapsed fruit cage - the owner didn't take the roof netting off and the snow destroyed it), and was thinking of using them for a larger size cloche system. I found that the 25mm poly tube fitted over the Al tube fine and would bend nicely and clearly be good for making the top of the cloche support.

Unfortunately it now seems that the pond world has gone to a corrugated type plastic tube and I'm not sure that would be so good. Has anyone got a source of the clear poly tube ?

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Homebrew beer/wine type shops?

I think I've seen clear tube in B&Q but not sure of the sizes.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It was more probably clear, unreinforced PVC hose.

Lots of hits if you Google PVC hose, e.g.

Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I bought some a couple of weeks ago from SDM Leyland (sp?), a chain of builders merchants shops in London. They have 5 or 6 sizes, and you buy what you need from the reel.

I bought some which was a tight pushfit on 21.5mm overflow pipe 10 years ago from B&Q IIRC, but it may have given way to their soft furnishings section now. It forms a window in my boiler condensate pipe so I can see if/when it's generating condensate.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

B&Q stock it, various sizes probably up to 25mm, find it in the bit with the ropes, chains etc. Wouldn't like to guess the price though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice