Flexible floor tile grout question

I'm having to replace some grout on my bathroom floor. Any recommendations regarding choice of grout appreciated. I'm told flexible is best.

Also any top tips on how to do this without too giving myself too much grief welcome.

Thanks

Reply to
neil leslie

Make a phone call to the technical department at Ardex. I found them to be very good on product advice for some tricky installation combinations.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Replacing the grout isnt the problem, getting the old grout out can be a bugger of a job, very time consuming & messy. A Dremel may help.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Fein do a set of blades especially for the purpose ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Might even fit your Bosch jobbie ;-)

(have we established for sure if they do yet?)

Reply to
John Rumm

I've got the Fein one....

Consumables prices in the U.S. are notably less than here.

On a related note, an upcoming project needing a lot of large lag screws has justified the purchase of a cordless impact driver. I picked one up for essentially half of the UK price for the same product, with duty/VAT free allowances taken into account. Quite a result

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do they come in packs of 100?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Planning on doing Buck House?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hmm, I know that, what I meant was have we established if the fein bits fit the Bosch yet (and or the reverse)...

Perhaps I should dig out an old blade and post it to Dave to try.

Now there is a surprise! (not)

Buying body only they are not too expensive here... I got an 18V Makita for about £77 IIRC.

Reply to
John Rumm

Have a look at the Home Depot prices. Even they aren't the cheapest. The places I went to don't have prices on line.

Reply to
Andy Hall

They do ten packs... halves the price as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

So do Bosch. Ner ner ne ner ner :-)

Don't think so, the Bosch ones have a series of holes around the main hole.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Good idea, we must know!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You would need a mortgage at their prices :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I have a sneaking suspicion that the sawtooth style edge of the inside edge of the 10mm hole on some of the fein blades may allow them to fit the Bosch:

that, perhaps one of these could be bodged:

John Rumm

You're not charging enough.

Pricing is entirely reasonable to include in the customer bill as a consumable.

Reply to
Andy Hall