flat roof question

Hello,
I have a flat roof on my garage which is felt over rotten chipboard. What is the best way to remove this? I presume I go on top of the roof (minding not to step on the rotten part!) and cut the felt with a knife and then tear it up? What about the chipboard, that is nailed into the joists, so would I try and prise the wood from above, or push it from below?
Thanks.
Stephen wrote:

A sharp spade will probably strip the felt the fastest. Then cut out the rotten wood with a circular saw set to board depth.
--
Cheers,

John.

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:51:34 +0100, John Rumm

Thank you very much. I think I may plan to replace all the chipboard good and bad with 18mm ply though, cost permitting.
Stephen wrote:

Hammer or mallet is often the quickest way to remove chip.
Make sure its WBP ply, otherwise its little better than chip.
You might use waterproof chip and spending the extra on the covering.
NT