flat roof question

Hello,

I have a flat roof on my garage which is felt over rotten chipboard. What is the best way to remove this? I presume I go on top of the roof (minding not to step on the rotten part!) and cut the felt with a knife and then tear it up? What about the chipboard, that is nailed into the joists, so would I try and prise the wood from above, or push it from below?

Thanks.

Reply to
Stephen

A sharp spade will probably strip the felt the fastest. Then cut out the rotten wood with a circular saw set to board depth.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thank you very much. I think I may plan to replace all the chipboard good and bad with 18mm ply though, cost permitting.

Reply to
Stephen

Hammer or mallet is often the quickest way to remove chip.

Make sure its WBP ply, otherwise its little better than chip.

You might use waterproof chip and spending the extra on the covering.

NT

Reply to
meow2222