Flanders and Swann for the 21st Century Ex-pat

It was on a Monday Morning that the airconditioner broke The temperature was forty plus it really was no joke So down we went to Fabegas to try and sort a deal They said "Deliver Tuesday?" and so the deal was sealed.

Oh it all makes money for the electricals superstore.

It was on a Tuesday morning the delivery van called round They lugged two parcels out the back and left them on the ground So are you coming in the house to put it all together? Sorry, mate, that's not our job, you'll have to call a plumber

Oh it all wastes time on the delivery driver's round

It was on a Wednesday morning that the installer came to call He was a part-time pest-controller - had no air-con skills at all He bodged it and he banged it and when the concrete failed He left it on the balcony suspended by a nail

It's much more fun than killing cockroaches all day.

It was on a Thursday morning that we dragged the poor man back Do you really think we're going to let you leave it all like that? So he grumbled and he cursed but then he did it right at last Then put his elbow through the window which was how he broke the glass

Oh it all makes work for the working man to do

It was on a Friday morning that the glazier turned up here He'd brought a patterned, reeded glass although we'd ordered clear He came back in the afternoon and siliconed in the pane It ippsed down all the evening and in came all the rain

On Saturday and Sunday they do no work at all So it will be on a Monday morning that... ..I'm going to go down to Jumbo, get some linseed oil putty or, better still some butyl rubber putty as recommended in uk.d-i-y and bloomin' well do the job myself

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Very good

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

replying to Nick Odell, shakychisel wrote: Well done Nick! Not only are those 2 amongst my favorite entertainers, but that 'song of unending upheaval' rates high in my list of great skits. A useless bit of trivia,but I had the pleasure of attending their evening in Melbourne a thousand years ago,and it still remains etched in my memory as the funniest evenings entertainment,even now!! I still sing their songs to meself whilst bathing 'in the bath',and wonder where have all the witty,funny blokes gone.But you are quite right...nothing changes!

Robin

Reply to
shakychisel

I never saw them live, but I always loved the song 'Slow Train'. I find that they had many comments on life that are still relevant today.

Donald Swan lived near here for many years after the death of Michael Flanders. His son was tragically killed, I believe in a motor cycle accident.

RIP.

Reply to
Davey