Fitting a letterbox in a PVC door

I have no letterbox in my PVC back door which is nearer for the postman than my front door. Would it be possible to but and insert a letterbox in this door? If so , how and what tools would I need ? What about fitting security chains also to both doors? Could this be done? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Brian

If it is a plastic (foamy filled) panel then all you have to do is to mark and drill a hole in the corner and then just jigsaw the rectangle hole out. Yes you can fit door chains to the door just take care when close to the lock mechanism as you may encounter hardened steel. hope this helps

-- Yours Jason

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Reply to
Jason

Hi Jason, Thanks for help. Cheers. Brian

Reply to
Brian