Fitting a grinding disc onto a backing pad

I am having some trouble fitting a Screfix "Universal Semi Flexible Disc 115 mm on (Quote No: 18886)" on to a "115mm M14*2.0 Nylon Backing Pad 22mm Hole" (Quote No: 12966); the locking nut doesn't reach the thread when the disc is placed between it and the pad. Am i assembling this right? I can see how a thinner aluminium oxide disc could be pressed down so that it is sandwiched between the two but the semi flexible disc is not giving much.

Reply to
bob

My grinder uses a different fitting for the backing pad than for a grinding disk

If you are using the nut as your post suggests this is wrong for sanding disks

You need to use the flat threaded fitting with the 2 holes in for the sanding disk & backing pad

You may need to push it in a bit to get it started

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Tony i am using the flat locking nut that comes with the backing pad i.e. not the one that came with the grinder?

Reply to
bob

Annoying isn't it? offering sympathy rather than advice. I found exactly the same thing, it needed brute force to get the thread to take. I think I tried grinding a bit off of the back of the pad to give a bit more room to play with but don't remember it being a great success.

Reply to
Rednadnerb