Filters for Dehumidifies

My parents purchased a SilverCrest dehumidifier. Model SLE 420.A1 IAN 89301 It?s working fine, but they removed filters to change them ?. And lost them.

I contacted manufacturer of SilverCrest brand (Hoyer) they do not have spares.

What is needed is an outer carbon filter ? assume standard carbon foam style, the inner looks from photo to be a thin plastic grid.

I tried eSpares etc. ? no joy.

Any suggestions of somewhere to get generic items I can cut to size.

Reply to
Osprey

Cooker hood filters?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

+1 - I have the same dehumidifier and that's what I did. Although it's only real function seems to be to stop muck getting into the machine.
Reply to
RJH

OK .. can get a cooker hood filter what does the plastic filter look like ....is it fine mesh, coarse mesh ?

Reply to
rick

Fine metal mesh. You could probably get away without the replaceable filter.

Reply to
RJH

Anything that's fine will do it, eg a pillowcase. Don't run it without a filter, modern dehumidifiers clog easily.

Reply to
Animal

Can you give me a clue as to the mesh size ? Could look to buy some sheet if I know

Reply to
Osprey

I can find a supplier of fine mesh ...

Can you give an idea of mesh size in your plastic sheet and I will go buy the best match.

Reply to
rick

it'll clog after months

Reply to
Animal

That's similar to the permanent filter that's already fitted inside the replaceable filter cover. The replaceable additional filter fits inside that.

You could ask your parents? Mine is about 30cm x 30cm.

Reply to
RJH

Sorry my ask was not clear ....

There should be 2 filters .. and outer carbon filter, which I may well not replace. An inner plastic filter.

What I need to have an idea of is what is the mesh size of this plastic fliter .... i.e holes & spacing I'm not after the width and height as I'll just cut to fit.

I contacted one company that sells woven stainless steel mesh ..... they can provide me with a matching mesh if I can with advise hole size & spacing ............... or they can work it out if I can supply a photo.

Is it possible for you to take a photograph of this plastic filter with a ruler on it so scale ...? that would allow them to specify the right product.

The manufacturer is not offering any help at all.

Reply to
rick

That is no issue it can be washed out every few weeks ... Dehumidifier only used occasionally

Reply to
rick

I lost the filter on my Ebac Homedry years ago and it doesn't make any difference to the way it functions, now 35+ years old.

Reply to
Andrew

It's the innards of the dh that clog, sod of a job to clean it out. Don't ignore a fine filter.

Reply to
Animal

That's because it's 35 :) Typical dh heat exchanger designs have changed since then to much finer much more efficient. Modern machines should not be run unfiltered.

Reply to
Animal