filling hole in wall where ducting was

hi diy'ers
considering whether to permanently remove the HRVs in the bedroom and
lounge.
not worried about filling in the outside holes where there is a cage
thing high up on the outside wall.
but would like to fill in the internal hole which has a diameter the
width of a double power socket, about 8 inches?
whats the best way to fill this so it ends up a smooth wall again?
thanks :)
Reply to
benpost
hi when you say block do you mean a breeze block? if so is it possible to cut one down to a round shape as thats what the hole is.
Reply to
benpost
Well even brick can be knocked about with a cold chisel enough to wedge in, and mortar pushed in around it..I meant block as in square lumps of stuff as opposed to stud, which is timber plated with board..
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
I always do unless there is no other option..car boidy filler though..now thats the stuff. N~ewspa[er in thiose rotten sills, slap on the filler, sand and spray 'brand new sills sir. had em done for the last MOT: Honest"
What was it they used to say? 'the only bit of the car left intact after the crash was the body filler'
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
If you can get your hands unstuck from te wall and the knife, yes..
Prersonally yesterdays Sun is just as good, when plastered over. Give some archaeologist a thrill in 1200 years time.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in