Planning or buidling reqs for removal of internal wall (lintle required)?

Hi all

Am looking to extend the bathroom in our house (built around 1870). It will mean knocking down an internal wall - but it will need a lintel of some sort - as the wall starts at ground level and finishes in the roof - supporting the perlins.

Before I phone the council to check, would any experts on here think I'll need permission - or to involve the building regs people?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Reply to
Simon Hawthorne

permission no, building control, yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If the building is listed you will need listed building consent. In any case you would be well advised to consult a structural engineer.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Thanks guys - council building department emailed today......

Reply to
Simon Hawthorne

Good point. Forgot that one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wouldn't he also need PP for change of use or significant alteration of existing bathroom?

Reply to
adder1969