Planning or buidling reqs for removal of internal wall (lintle required)?

Hi all
Am looking to extend the bathroom in our house (built around 1870). It will
mean knocking down an internal wall - but it will need a lintel of some
sort - as the wall starts at ground level and finishes in the roof -
supporting the perlins.
Before I phone the council to check, would any experts on here think I'll
need permission - or to involve the building regs people?
Thanks in advance
Reply to
Simon Hawthorne
If the building is listed you will need listed building consent. In any case you would be well advised to consult a structural engineer.
Peter Crosland
Reply to
Peter Crosland

Site Timeline Threads

HomeOwnersHub website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.