Filling gap on edge of sink

OK. I fitted a new sink and it all went well apart from the fact that the existing hole in the worktop is slightly too big for the new sink.

So, even after positioning it as well as I can, there is still about

1mm gap at one end.

Any suggestions on the best way to fill this gap? I was thinking of flexible silicone but then I'd have to go alll the way around the sink.

Another option is wood filler but trouble here is the worktop is a dark, spotty pattern so it might look a bit odd.

Reply to
paulfoel

On 23 Feb 2005 02:35:29 -0800, "paulfoel" strung together this:

I would anyway, saves water seeping under the sink and rotting the worktop.

Reply to
Lurch

I'd have glued and screwed strips of wood around the inside of the hole to centre the new sink, then bedded the sink in silicone sealant leaving a small bead all the way around the outside.

Reply to
Rob Morley