fence spraying

Hello,

What is the best way to spray a fence. I once used an earlex sprayer, something like this:

but as the reviews agree, it was noisy and heavy.

I wonder whether something like this Cuprinol sprayer might be better:

because the weight of the liquid would be on the ground rather than being held and having no motor it would be much quieter.

What do you think?

I'm planning to use the "creocote" creosote substitute and there are about a dozen fence panels.

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
reply

In article , snipped-for-privacy@to.newsgroup.invalid writes

I had a motorised version. Two things to note Only water based products could be used. Once they had been frosted the liquids were too thick to spray and clogged up the jet.

Reply to
bert

Thanks. That could be a problem as I wanted to use oil based.

Reply to
reply

I use one of these

Quieter and reputedly more economic on its use of paint though I never noticed much difference. It is a delight to use. Limited adjustments which suit my spray painting lack of knowledge

Reply to
fred

In message , bert writes

I've used something like the Cuprinol one here. I think it came from Wickes and was an own brand. There were two versions, and I used the oil based rather than the water based one.

I've had two. The first worked for one long spraying session, but then I couldn't get it to spray when I tried it again the next year. The second has been fine and has done about 3 years now on the various fences. The container on the ground tends to fall over when the liquid inside gets low, but it's not a major problem.

I used the "Shed and Fence Protector" from , I think, Ronseal. This was stocked by Wilkinsons at an affordable price, but they seem not to sell it any more. Prices elsewhere are ludicrous, so I'm looking for alternatives. Our occasional gardener talked SWMBO into paying him to spray one of the fences last year. I think he used Geocote, but I don't know what he sprayed with.

Reply to
Bill