Extractor Fan triggered by Flow Switch - Possible ?

Hi All

I am in the UK and have bought a timer type Extractor fan for my Bathroom. Because it is such a bright room people don't always turn on the light when they use the Shower.( That is relevant to my question honest!)

I want the Extractor to switch on when any one of the HOT taps or the shower are operated. ( the shower is not one of those electric ones).

So I was thinking that a Flow switch installed in the piping run could be an idea to activate the extractor.

Any one know what I need to buy ? My extractor is a Air Master xf4t 240 V AC and requires a 3 amp fuse - if that is any help.

Thanks

Reply to
Glide

Dunno, sounds a bit 'odd'... my suggestion would be to replace the fan with one which includes a humidistat. That way as soon as water vapour from the shower is detected, on it goes, and stays on until levels are back to normal. I'm pretty sure you can buy the sensors independently too.

David

David

Reply to
Lobster

Simple. Use a PIR sensor to activate the fan timer instead of the light switch-wire. Also has the advantage of covering all bathroom activities, not just showering.

Reply to
Graham.

Hot water cylinder thermostat at a suitable point on the hot water pipe, assuming they come in normally-closed or changeover flavours. Else add a relay to do the inversion. No plumbing needed.

Alternatively, humidistat or PIR as already suggested.

Kim.

Reply to
kimble