Recommended wood treatment for child's playhouse

I've bought a second hand play house, which needs some work done to it. Mainly the base requires rebuilding. It consists of wood cladding planks nailed on to long battens. Question is, how would you treat the wood, bearing in mind it's going to be outdoors, resting on a block paved patio. I don't want the base to start getting rotten in a few months time. What's the best stuff to use to protect the wood?

Reply to
hicks

For a similar job I used wickes oudoor furniture protector, just remember

48h dry time!!!

to show you now wickes site is improved!

Reply to
Tim Morley

the most effective is surely engine oil and paraffin. New oil rather than used. It doesnt leave an oily finish, the paraffin makes it all soak in.

NT

Reply to
meow2222