exterior paint removal

I have what I think is a fairly serious damp problem on a section of house wall, which probably has a number of underlying causes, which I may seek some advise on later.

One of the contributing problems could be exterior white masonary paint, which was applied by 'previous' owners, this is loose in places, flaking, bubbling etc. I think this is part caused by damp & contributes further by holding water in.

The loose stuff is easy to remove, how could I go about removing the stuborn paint? Ideally I would like to remove the lot & then recoat with something more suitable, any suggestions? More paint but of a better type, a paint on coating that seals but is clear?

What is the easiest way of putting photos up online somewhere with a link?

Thanks DD

Reply to
dirt dibbler