Energy costs.

Look at the USD, EUR and GBP currency charts for the last year and you'll see a dollar cost 70p a year ago, and it's 80p now.

The Euro in the mean time has gone from 86p to 85p.

Whatever is being done wrong in Europe is the same inside and outside the EU.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Renewable energy.

Murricans are still mining coal and fracking oil

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

that is a rip off, BT charging cpi plus inflation is disgusting. they should not be allowed to get away with profiteering like that.

Reply to
critcher

And making a lot of noise about increasing interest rates and unwinding some of the quantitative easing which combined with the war in the Ukraine means speculators are piling into the dollar.

last May it was $1.42 to the pound and now it is $1.22.

Reply to
Andrew

Most of them are. This was covered on Rip Off Britain on Monday by the

3 ladies. I think Tesco was the exception and possibly Vodaphone.
Reply to
Andrew

O2 just increased my phone contract by about 8% because, basically, they could.

Reply to
RJH

I have a broadband contract* that stays the same price as long as I don't change it for something else (faster speeds etc.)

*Initially a 12 month contract now a rolling 1 month contract.
Reply to
alan_m