How to Afford Gasoline in 2012

If you're having trouble paying the cost of gasoline in 2012, there is a workable solution.

As you're aware, the government and others keep telling you that you need to tune up your car, make sure your tires are inflated properly, and change your oil. These are all excellent tips, but some cars just dont get the best mileage. Of course the government also suggests getting a energy efficient car. Well, I'd be happy to do that, but first they will have to send me a check to cover the cost of buying one. Until that happens (which will be the same day that pigs fly), I'll have to drive my older car that is not the most efficient.

This has lead me to devise a program to be able to afford the gas. I found one that works.

  1. EATING Rather than eating 3 meals a day, cut back to 3 meals a week. Eat at your regular dinner hour on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. To save even more money, cut your regular portion in half. And be sure to cut out all snacking and alcoholic beverages.

  1. BATHING Americans have always been obcessed with cleanliness, but they have been over doing it. Rather than taking a bath or shower daily, cut back to one bath or shower per week. This will save on your water bill and gas or electric bill for your water heating.

  2. LAUNDRY Laundering is over rated. You dont need to change your clothing daily. Wear the same clothing for at least two weeks before changing, and always wait until you have a full load before operating a washing machine.

  1. HEATING - COOLING - COOKING Home heating and cooling is comfortable, but unnecessary. Shut off your furnace, air conditioning, and other heating/cooling devices. While you're at it, unplug your refrigerator and freezer, and stop cooking your food. All these things consume energy. You can store and eat food at room temperature, and most foods do not need to be cooked.

  2. RENT - MORTGAGE Rent and/or mortgages are some of your largest monthly expenses. You could probably fill your entire auto gas tank with what you pay to have a roof over your head. Why are you paying that, when you already have a roof on your car. Simply move out of your home and move into your car. You'll still have a roof over your head, and you'll save a lot of money for home rental or mortgage.

  1. ENTERTAINMENT Simply put, you dont need entertainment. Eliminate it entirely.

  2. PHONE - TV - INTERNET While you might think you can not live without your cell or home phone, you dont need it. None of your phone calls are important. In earlier centuries, people did not have phones or internet, or even tv. You dont need these things. Just keep a cellphone without service. You can still dial 911 from them, which is all you need. Get rid of all electronics.

  1. MEDICAL CARE Most doctor visits are unnecessary. Unless you're on your death bed, you dont need a doctor. Learn to apply bandages and prescribe medicines for yourself. Only go to doctors when you're dying or very severely injured.

Do these things, and you should be able to afford gas for your car. Just remember, you're paying higher prices, but the poor guys from the oil companies are hungry and lack other necessities in life. They badly need your money. You need to help them. By doing the things (above), you will be able to buy more fuel, and in the process, you'll be doing a good deed for the oil company executives and employees.

Gas prices will likely continue to rise in the future. Dont be surprised when it hits $25 a gallon in the near future. In order to continue driving, you'll have to make more cut-backs in life. If you can think of other cut-backs, add them to this list. By the year 2014, over 90% of your earnings will be going to the oil companies. You need to prepare now. The oil companies are depending on it and on you. Don't let them down!!!!

Reply to
tangerine3

Yes, that's the spirit! If each and every one of us sacrifices just a little bit, the people at the top can live really well.

Reply to
Harry Johnson

How about not buying an iSlave device everytime a new model comes out?

How about not buying an iPad or tablet in the first place - since you know it's just a toy that you'll end up putting to trivial use.

How about not paying for your kid to have a cell phone? How about not having kids in the first place? (now there's your real money pit right there).

How about not having a cell phone yourself? I don't own one, and I get along just fine, and keep an extra $50 to $100 a month in my pocket.

Reply to
Home Guy

God I love the smell of "Hope and Change in the morning."

Reply to
Ken

I bought a good gas mileage car 5 years ago for $1000 when gas prices were starting to rise the first time around.

If you have purchased a low gas mileage car since then, well who is to blame for that?

Reply to
Bill

Obama, he's the one who is blocking the drilling permits, and shutting down the oil production off the coasts.

CT post has a good perspective.

.

I bought a good gas mileage car 5 years ago for $1000 when gas prices were starting to rise the first time around.

If you have purchased a low gas mileage car since then, well who is to blame for that?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Looks like your aberrant top posting isn't the only indication that you don't mind looking like an idiot on the internet. Why don't you learn something instead of repeating crap:

The bottom line is that we're drilling more than ever, imports as a percentage of consumption are dropping. Exactly what we _all_ want to happen. But you'll complain simply because the president isn't John McCain.

Personally, I see zero logic in this mad rush to squeeze every last drop of oil out of the Earth.

Reply to
Dan Espen

domestic oil production has increased dramatically on state and private lands, in 2011 oil production on federal lands and offshore, where President Obama's restrictive policies have the most impact, decreased by double digits compared to 2010. The Obama Administration has closed off the vast majority our offshore areas to energy production, granted fewer approvals of oil leases and permits on federal land, and killed the Keystone XL pipeline that would have created over ten thousand jobs.

.

The bottom line is that we're drilling more than ever, imports as a percentage of consumption are dropping.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In his campaign, Obama promised us CHANGE!

He kept his word. Since he became president, all I have is CHANGE in my pockets.

Lets see, right now I have two quarters, five dimes, three nickles, and

17 pennies. This means my life's savings is $1.32. That should buy enough gas to exit the parking lot at the gas station, or a small order of fries at McDonalds. I'd prefer the fries, but I suppose I better buy the gas so I can move the car to a different parking spot, or it will cost $375 to get my car out of impound for violating the parking restrictions.
Reply to
tangerine3

How about riding a bike? No more traffic jam and a lot less fat which in the end makes people ride faster.

Reply to
Pin

My 24 foot extension ladder just won't fit on a bike. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'm looking forward to a contractor company, some where, using only GM Smart cars. Of course, it's for the children. However, it takes 10 men and 10 smart cars to carry what one man can carry in a panel van. And, it takes two for a ladder, one Smart car on each end of the ladder.

Christ>> How about if we just stop paying taxes?

My 24 foot extension ladder just won't fit on a bike. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:RbYcr.11765$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

The Smart car is not GM. It's made by Daimler nowadays. My nephew was driving me as the passenger in one of them over roads in the suburbs of Paris. Despite the ardent wishes of my better half for such a vehicle, there is no chance whatsoever of this household ever acquiring one. The reason my underwear stayed dry on that ride was lack of fluids taken in before. Also, for a car of that size and weight, the mileage is awful. The ride was OK, but sitting right on top of the road with nothing in front and a maniac* driving, was no fun.

*Sorry, Frank, no offense, I wasn't too awake, I think. The surprised look on your Mother's face made it all worth it, though.
Reply to
Han

Are you drunk? Don't know what you are talking about. Also Mom passed over 30 years ago.

As for car, sounds like my first experience in a VW bug.

Reply to
Frank

?It's a fantastic business model ? the more of our products you own, the more likely you are to buy more,?

This is why americans can't afford to buy gasoline.

Because you also have to factor > >> If you're having trouble paying the cost of gasoline in 2012,

Apples Are Growing in American Homes Published: Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012 | 7:27 AM ET

Half of all U.S. households own at least one Apple product, according to CNBC?s All-America Economic survey.

That?s more than 55 million homes with at least one iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac computer. And one-in-10 homes that aren?t currently in that group plan to join it in the next year.

But Apple doesn?t have to worry about brand saturation any time soon. Americans don?t stop with just one device. Homes that own least one Apple, own an average of three. Overall, the average household has 1.6 Apple devices, with almost one-quarter planning to buy at least one more in the next year.

?It's a fantastic business model ? the more of our products you own, the more likely you are to buy more,? says Jay Campbell, a vice president of Hart Research Associates, which conducts the CNBC survey along with Bill McInturff. ?Planned obsolescence has always been a part of the technology industries sales model, but Apple has taken it to a whole new level.?

Our survey shows Apple buyers tend to be male, college-educated, and younger. They?re just as likely to own a home as not. Not surprisingly, the more money you earn, the more Apple products you?re likely to own.

Just 28 percent of those making less than $30,000 a year own at least one, compared with 77 percent of those making more than $75,000. Those on the higher end of the income scale own an average of about three Apple devices, compared with 0.6 for lower-income homes.

While growing up in the tech age makes a difference, the age gap isn?t as wide as you might think. In fact just as many Americans between ages

18 and 34 count themselves among Apple users, as those ages 35-to-49 (63 percent). The number drops to 50 percent when you get into the 50-to-64 age group, and down to just 26 percent among those 65 and older.

It seems parents either want their kids to keep up with technology, or they?re trying to keep them busy. Sixty-one percent of households with children own Apple devices, compared with 48 percent of homes without kids.

The gadgets have found their way into 57 percent of homes in the West, home of Silicon Valley, compared with 47 percent-51 percent in the rest of the country. Two Apple products are in the average home in the American West, compared with just 1.2 in the South, where people own the fewest devices.

Our survey also revealed the desirability of owning an Apple product appears to be something Republicans and Democrats can actually agree on. About 56 percent of the members of each party have at least one, although a gap could soon open. Twenty-six percent of Democrats plan to buy an Apple product in the next 12 months, versus 19 percent of Republicans.

The poll of 836 Americans was conducted by landline and cellphone from March 19 to 22 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percent.

Reply to
Home Guy

Here's an even easier (to describe) method:

In 1946, gasoline was twenty-cents a gallon; two dimes.

The silver in two 1945 dimes is worth more than enough to purchase a gallon of gas today. Heck, those two dimes would have purchased TWO gallons of gas the day the current administration took office.

Reply to
HeyBub

Frank wrote in news:jl1n0d$8ap$1@dont- email.me:

Sorry to you Frank Logullo . I thought I was clearly referring to my nephew Frank. I don't think you've met him.

A VW bug (the original) is less scary than the smart car.

Reply to
Han

SNIP

Hmmm... better stop at the yellow light. ;)

Reply to
Pin

Maybe only the back car gets a ticket? both get tickets if speeding?

.

SNIP

Hmmm... better stop at the yellow light. ;)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I guess I could have figured this out from careful reading. Wondered why my name came up.

I have no intention of owning a car where the road appears directly in front of me without the benefit of a lot of metal.

Reply to
Frank