Rose Gardening in 2012 starts now!

Hello everybody,

yesterday I wrote an interesting post on my blog and I want to share it with you for free.

It contains nice tips and tricks to get beautiful roses in 2012.

Just use the link below:

marc

another earnest coverage of seasonality from somebody who thinks there is nothing on this world south of latitude 20 degrees north.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I think Rose needs to be left alone like. New stalking rules are coming in ya kna.

Reply to
MincePie&APansy

Reply to
jsflcc

Reply to
Josh Green

Mulching

I certainly would NOT remove mulch just as it is turning into compost. I merely pile even more leaves on top. Of course, that is only for the rose bed in front of my house. The rose bed in back has a thick ground cover that serves very well as a mulch.

The Web site says:

In the spring? My roses were all pruned by 8 January. At that time, some of the roses were still blooming, which meant my wife got a nice bouquet.

Also, pruning involves opening up the center of the plant to improve air circulation. Finally, it is supposed to reduce the number of canes (main branches) to 3-5 in order to create a sturdy scaffold for new growth; otherwise, the plant might have many weak twigs instead of strong branches. See my .

The Web site says:

Copper sulfate and oil are much better at eliminating mildew, rust, and over-wintering insect eggs. I always mix some liquid soap into any spray; it acts as an excellent wetting agent, ensuring that the spray does indeed cover all of the plant.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Hello David,

thank you very much for your (correcting) tips :-)

I never want to stop learning more and more about gardening and it seemed that you know a lot about rose gardening. I'll integrate your tips in my next rose article!

Or would you like to write a new one on my blog? I would appreciate it!

I also shared your website

with my twitter and facebook friends. Hope there are some new readers for you:)

Have a nice day.

Greets Marc

Owner of

marc