Energy consumption reduction opinions sought.

In the last cold snap I tired an experiment, in that I put a 6" desk fan running at its lowest speed under the 800 x 600 double radiator in the lounge, in an open-plan sixties design house.

The result was astonishing. In ten minutes, the thermometer at the other end of the lounge showed an increase of 1 degC (21.5 to

22.5degC), the temperature felt far more even across the lounge, and the TRV ran the system exactly: a setting of '4' gives the calibrated 21 degC, '5' gives 24 degC, and the interpolation is also correct: '4.5' gives 22.5 degC.

The TRV is out of the direct air stream, and the lounge is noticeably more comfortable (but not necessarily warmer).

Reply to
Terry Fields

That's effectively how you cook them in the microwave if you do it properly. No more than a tablespoon or two of water.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q