energy

Current notification from the OVO team.. they are ditching the green tariff! Also strong hint those with smart meters may benefit from time shifting consumption.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Do they text you at 6pm and tell you to postpone dinner until 9pm?

Reply to
Max Demian

The suggestion that I saw in the papers was that typically people use almost 19% of their daily energy use between 4pm and 7pm and that they would be rewarding people for keeping that period down to about 12.5%.

If that's right, it'd work well for us, as we can charge the car overnight and we typically cook and do the washing and drying after 7pm anyway, so we probably already meet that requirement.

Reply to
SteveW

I'm never quite sure what a green tariff actually is, it much depends on whose pocket the money is in in my experience. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff