emergency tyre repairs

I've learnt something from the story. If you have to carry tyres in the passenger compartment (especially perhaps ones with sidewall bulges) then deflate them first. I must say I might not have thought of that otherwise, but it makes sense. There is quite a lot of energy stored in an inflated tyre.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I'd hang it on the back door -previous models it would have been mounted on the bonnet - lifting it gives you your own d-i-y gym workout.

Reply to
bert

Accountants will do anything to knock a few pence, never mind pounds off the production cost per unit of cars.

Reply to
bert

That also reminds us that spare wheel theft used to be a thing. No matter how or where it was stored. With the inevitability that it cost far more to repair the damage the scrotes did than the wheel was worth.

(That also leads to a subset of cases where it's only when you get a puncture you realise your spare was nicked long ago ...)

Reply to
Jethro_uk