emergency light

I suppose we will have to change ours to BREXIT to satisfy a lot of people then.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Should be "exeunt" if more than one people are expected to leave.

Reply to
Max Demian

Are you sure, without your glasses, that you gave the seller only a single fiver ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Cool white at lower brightness than the brain is attuned to, is quite jarring... (we get accustomed to only seeing that in nature in bright but overcast conditions). To make it seem "ok" inside you need very high brightness levels - then it feels more like daylight.

(I use daylight LED lamps in my office (12'x8' ish) and find you need 5 x 60w equivalent (~4000 lumen) for the light to seem natural.

Reply to
John Rumm

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk presented the following explanation :

lol lol

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

four quid actually ........

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

when we attended an emergency light test we only just made sure they came on when power was cut...we dodn't hang about for three hours ......tempting though it may have been at places like Glasgow Airport .......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Not really an acceptable alternative to emergency lighting I would suggest, since it can be unplugged and moved - so there is no guarantee it will be in place when needed.

Reply to
John Rumm

yes being hard wired has its advantages ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I have one inset[1] into the ceiling above the stairs, another in the hall, and a third (surface mounted) by the CU connected to the lighting circuit that feeds the space its in. I find them very useful since there are no street lights here, and the stairs are enclosed such that there is no route for external light to reach them even if there were any. So they illuminate the exit route from anywhere in the house, and also make it easy to attend to the CU.

[1] If you use this style:

you can mount them partially recessed so that just the lens part is visible.

Reply to
John Rumm

For domestic installs, there is not much in it. The batteries are only about £2 cheaper than the whole lamp, although changing the battery is

*slightly* less work than swapping the whole fitting.
Reply to
John Rumm

We have three in our home as well.

One downside. When the power goes off in the night the one in the upstairs hallway comes on and wakes me up as we never close our bedroom door!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I get woken up by the beeping from the UPS unit nearest the bedroom.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You could make a periscope out of a bendy straw to make it look more realistic.

Reply to
ARW

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

You have to paint the straw grey or it will be visible to the enemy.

Reply to
ARW

you still here? .......

Reply to