emergency light

I'd disagree. Changing batteries is cheaper, but not if the time doing it has to be accounted for.

Reply to
charles

CPC do nearly all types

Reply to
charles

More suited to Scotland than France.

Reply to
ARW

A running man sticker my arse. They were introduced to replace the word "exit" and be EU friendly.

After Brexit maybe the UK fire exit signs will show a nice orderly queue of people leaving the building (women and children first) instead of a running man (probably French or Italian) legging it at the first sign of trouble. The Germans can have their own sign showing you how to queue jump.

Reply to
ARW

What don't you understand about ""cool white" which I hate"? Even passing through is an unpleasant experience, too cold and harsh.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And a bigger battery to supply that power for the required three hours.

Bother.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

or put a very short lead on it & use it as a rechargeable torch

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Or just a lower light output for 3 hours - which probably wouldn't be noticed.

Reply to
alan_m

in Greece a great many said "Exodus".

Reply to
charles

It might be in a statutory situation.

Reply to
charles
[23 lines snipped]

Which merely means "Exit" in Greek. All the motorway exits in (unoccupied) Cyprus are signposted thus.

Reply to
Huge

Yes (I do have Greek O Level), but when I saw them the EU spec was "Exit"

Reply to
charles

take it they will be old ni-cads

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

CPC will sel you new ones.

Reply to
charles

I used to have them on my simca 1301 must have been the dullist bulbs ever ...at least 40% down ...

in France they used them to show they have surrendered to the enemy .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

yes exit should still be in RED like the old days ..green my arse ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

should be "way oot" in Scotland ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

cool idea

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I will when I can be bothered ...then bin it .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

too big

Reply to