Embedding copper pipes in plaster walls

I had a microbore based central heating fitted a few years ago, severa

of the pipes are on the surface

I now want to bury the pipes in the wall but know that there ar problems putting copper and cement / plaster together.

How should these pipes be coated or wrapped to stop problems

Thanks in advance

Phi

-- PhilHantsUK

Reply to
PhilHantsUK

Cu will corrode in cement, but I don't think there's any such problem with plaster.

However the expansion and contraction might make the plaster crack so I'd wrap them in something - maybe the sort of foamy silvery stuff sold to put behind radiators.

Reply to
john.stumbles

If there is such, get the split foam tube usied to insulate water pipes.

Or just wrap them in foam tape?

Anything that allows expansion and keeps wet plaster off.

You cxan get plastic coated 10mm copper as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher