electricity "meters" like current cost, killawatt, owl, etc

Very much smaller and lighter weight.

We did have a large transformer for it, but lugging that out and setting it up was a pain (although the transformer was twice the power it needed to be, which didn't help). The reason I use just the lower voltage part of the sine wave is to limit the peak voltage for the sake of the product's insulation - it's still higher than with real 120VAC, but not as high as it would be with something like a phase control dimmer.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Interesting, thanks.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I'm not sure there is a need for such a charge..

data storage, just what sort of space is required hardley GB more like kb . Graphs ???.

But I guess if you're happy with such a charge, letds just hope it doesn't increase too much. I assume like leccy and gas it'll go up in cost adn stor age costs come down and such things reduce in cost the price will rise :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave
8<

eon run an energy monitor website free for customers.

If you don't have smart meters you have to upload the data yourself.

They also give away free current cost monitors and the PC software to monitor them. (or they did last time I got one)

Reply to
dennis