knuckle-jointed power tool extender ?

Does anyone sell something to enable you to drive a screw or a drill when access is such that you can't get the power tool in line with the direction you want to drive the drill or screw ?

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Would one of these do the job?

Toby

Yes, there are a variety of right angle drive attachments. Alternatively I find a small flexi drive can be handy for getting screws in from awkward angles.

or

John Rumm

Thanks for the suggestion, Toby, but it's too short and too bulky. I need something slim, and with at least 10cm of shaft either side of the knuckle.

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

You better sit down I have a radical solution: A manual stubby screwdriver?

$20screwdrivers.JPG

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Try

EXTENSION/dp/B008SOPXUW

which is the same thing but a bit cheaper - shame that there's no customer feedback, I'd like to know how robust it is.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Or one of the little ratchet screwdrivers form:

PeterC

I used to use that sort of thing when there was no other choice (i.e. about every 10 minutes) but I always found it very easy to knacker the screw head since it's so hard to keep the screwdriver in perfect alignment as you operate it - unless it's an Allen head.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Yes, it is difficult to know exactly the angle and Pozis aren't very forgiving. When it was on offer I bought a Forge Steel one for about four quid and that's better for alignment but not brilliant quality. Very useful for dismantling/remantling furniture.

PeterC

I.M.E. these things need three hands. One to hold the drill and one to hold the gadget and the third to provide pressure vertical to the screw head.

I'm often tempted to buy a compact battery operated right angle drill such as the small Bosch or the Makita one but the necessity of it is so occasional its hard to justify the spend.

Reply to
fred

Angle grinder - remove the disk and replace with a chuck.

Reply to
alan

If its a screw, a car socket set - use the ratchet handle, a a small socket that holds a hex ended screwdriver bit. Quarter inch socket sets also available and will fit into a smaller space.

Reply to
alan

On 31/03/2013 23:53, alan wrote: Quarter inch socket sets

or

Reply to
alan