Electrical work

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes, that's ropey.

I've watched a couple of his videos in the past and he does seem to come across as a bit of a whinger ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Couldn'r understand what was going on with the two main fuses, both being fully exposed. Were they the wrong fittings, or were bits missing?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I miss the visuals in threads like this, but maybe the only bits missing were from the brains of whoever did the work. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

He posted a portrait video which was annoying , which most are unless there's a good reason.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I tell you what *is* ropey, it's the heavy dose of VVS. I couldn't bear to watch much more than the first minute of "video in portrait mode" before I lost patience.

TBH, I'm staggered that no one else thought to mention this aspect of the video. I took a look at the comments and had to scroll back a week's worth before finding this:

Chris Davies 1 week ago

Please do not ever film anything in vertical video ever again.?

Other than that single *useful* comment, the rest were basically self congratulatory "I totally agree with your conclusion" pointlessly shit comments.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Seems you are not a Cnut :)

Reply to
Robin

Looking at his other stuff he doesn't do that a lot.

Maybe that was early (before he knew better). Maybe he did not have his camera that day and had to use his phone (a rare event so he didn't realise it was filming wrong) Or maybe ...

Reply to
soup

I only see one main fuse with two outputs and I only see one meter....

However considering the state of the house it looks like some sort of squatters/ drug user/ drug grower house (I have worked in plenty of them).

Usual bollocks about if the lights fail you are going to fall down the stairs and will die..

Reply to
ARW

There seems to be another large fuse holder with 2.5mm solid wire soldered across it, but somewhere internal, not near the incoming supply. Also fully exposed. It may be a standard thing (obviously to be used with a fuse in it) for feeding a cooker supply or something in olden times, but I haven't seen one before.

Reply to
Roger Hayter