electrical regs

Whwere can I find a update of current electrical regs, apart from the IEE publications. I'm looking for regs in relation to fitting sockets, ie how high from floor, height for outlets above kitchen worktop etc.

Reply to
nthng2snet

The IEE regs are the electrical regs.

There may also be some provisions under Part M (?) - accessibility for people with disabilities - of the Building Regulations at

Oh, and Part P, of course ;-(

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That is more covered by the building regs than the electrical ones. The On Site Guide however does have most of the figures you are looking for...

John Rumm

That's not in the electrical regs. It is in Part M of the building regulations (Access to and use of buildings). Worktop heights are not covered at all.

that it only applies to newly built properties.

Make sure you are looking at the second half (Dwellings) if appropriate.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle