Electric workshop heater, fan or radient?

When I took on Mrs No2 (I just found out that Mrs No1 has just died of a brain tumor) she came with a kid and my 'workshop' had to move from the middle bedroom to down the garage. ;-(

It was after a few cold days and often after running the portable gas fire I noticed my beautiful Myford ML10 was covered in surface rust so now has to be covered with a blanket after use during the winter.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

FWIW, I'm more of a mechanical / machining / fabrication guy these days so there is a greater chance of me setting fire *to* my heater whilst welding than the heater setting fire to anything else. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Certainly correct for big, draughty buildings. In my relatively compact and cluttered workshop, I use a thermostatically controlled 3 kw fan heater at ground level (although I don't find I need it very often, I'm usually generating enough heat).

Reply to
newshound