Electric strimmer

Even the lightest petrol is still a bit much for my wife, but she manages. Vibration gets you. white fingers after an hour. No more than a tankful at a time is our rule. Gloves help.

But the electrics simply cant do the job. Gave em all away to people with suburban postage stamp plots.

120 yards from the house faced with 3ft tall nettles and grass and the odd bramble, the electric is but a fantasy.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yesterday morning I led in the bath with a book, 'er indoors power washed the back yard and cleaned the gutters on the kitchen extension.

Modern times we live in, i'm not complaining.

Reply to
R D S

Piggybacking on the thread, I am also in the market for new strimmer. Nothing heavy duty, just doing around the edges.

Are 'command feed' strimmers still available? The last two strimmers I had have been one with a bloody silly cartridge thing instead of a roll of nylon, expensive to replace and would always be flying off. Newer one is supposedly an autofeed but it doesn't work and the spool need removing and opening up to feed new wire.

Reply to
R D S

So who washed your back for you?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sorry to bring this back again.

I have been looking at strimmers ( and availability where I live).

I looked at the Poyobi but I know its female thing but I cant quite fancy it ;)

I have found a flymo 600 HD and 700 - I guess its a series.

It is auto feed and I think it has a 12inch cutting circle. - which has to be my minimum because of what I have to get through.

Anyone comment or make recommendation on its reliability and value? The reviews I read were decent.

I have already bought 2 strimmers by mistake and money is becoming an issue for these things now. One was too powerful and had too much vibration and the other was a Bosch bump feed ( useless) even though it cost me £50 .

I given both of the others away on freecycle just to get rid of them.

Reply to
sweetheart