Econ 7 data request as favour pls

I'm trying to put together a (continuing) complaint against our elec. supply co (well someone has to do it!) regarding the %age increase they are charging for our heating tariff. It's an old tariff and we get two ON period in 24 hours. (unlike Econ7). The thing is the Elec co are increasing the *standing charge* for this tariff by ever increasing amounts - last time it was about 20%. The rest of our house is metereed separately and the standing charge for that is only up by

2% in the same period.

It would help my case if I could state the %age increase in Econ7 standing charges over the past -say- 12 months or so. Could some kind person check their statement for me and provide this data please? Thanks.

Reply to
dave

One thing to check if it's a digital meter, is that the correct rate has been applied to the readings... we had one, and they got the readings the wrong way around for 4 years.

I may have got the "reading #" wrong on the following, but IIRC Economy 7 was peak on reading 1 on the display, and off-peak on reading 3. Option 14 (which gave two off-peak periods like you describe) was the other way around, with peak on reading 3 and off- peak on reading 1.

Apart from that, the standing charge will probably vary according to which REC you come under, and which supplier (they are not necessarily one and the same)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Thanks Colin - will check the above. For some warped reason I happen to have kept the actual bills for the past three years - and in an idle moment or three, they make interesting reading (no pun...). A few years ago both meters we have had very similar standing charges. Now, as I say, one is 2% inc and the other ~20%. (That's per quarter charging period - so is a huge hike) for the latter). If I could say to them, "well Econ7 has only gone up X% in a quarter", it would be interesting to see their comments. I don't happen to know anyone on E7 though so can't get that figure. I'm not optimistic about action but you never know.

Reply to
dave